“All Christians should read this book.” —Rosaria Butterfield
Across the globe, the gospel is advancing through the work of Christians willing to risk everything in the hardest places.
This book, written by a missions journalist as he traveled throughout twenty different countries, is filled with stories of Christians past and present whose examples of endurance, courage, sacrifice, and humility connect readers with God’s unstoppable work across the world. These heroes are simply ordinary people who have experienced the transformative power of a Savior who is alive and moving—and their stories will inspire readers to take faithfilled risks for the gospel.
“I have so enjoyed reading Tim Keesee’s books. He is truly a ‘frontlines’ brother in Christ who tells it like it is on the battlefield / mission field.”
--- Joni Eareckson Tada,Founder and CEO, Joni and Friends; author,JoniandA Place of Healing
“Tim Keesee is both a master storyteller and faithful theologian. Each page is a poetic narrative of faith, hardship, and Jesus building his world through weak and ordinary people.A Company of Heroespulses with the resolute energy of God’s saving love. Keesee writes, ‘In the name of Jesus, demons are cast out—and in the name of Jesus, fear is cast out.’ That God himself saves you from the fear of man just might be the most misunderstood reality of the modern church. The love of Christ and the perseverance of the saints together will subdue forces of evil and change the course of history. This book represents a poetic collaboration of Keesee and a modern-day great cloud of witnesses, and each chapter displays the highest achievement of missionary valor. All Christians should read this book.”
--- Rosaria Butterfield, Former Professor of English, Syracuse University; author,The Gospel Comes with a House Key
Table of Contents:
Foreword (Tim Challies)
1. Facing Fear: Sayid, Aaron, and Jillian (North Africa)
2. The Glory of the Cross: Samuel Zwemer (Bahrain and Jerusalem)
3. The Character for Bravery: Mei Li (China)
4. Mercy. Multiplied.: Michael Alemu (Ethiopia)
5. A Hero in the Battle of Life: Carl Keesee (Danville, Virginia)
6. Rise and Fight Again: Ivan and Oksana (Central Asia)
7. Shepherds: Danny Brooks (Salt Lake City, Utah)
8. Torn Curtain: Roger Weil (London and Leningrad)
9. White Rose: Dollie Jones Keesee (Danville, Virginia)
10. Cell 44: Georgi Vins (Soviet Union)
11. Martyrdom of Faithful: Gayle and Cheryl (Afghanistan)
12. Incurable Optimism: Dave and Gloria (Arabian Peninsula)
13. “He Showed Them His Hands”: Jakob (Syria and Armenia)
14. Things as They Are: Amy Carmichael and William Carey (India)
15. The Broken Sword: Jon Wesley and Sarah (Indonesia)
16. Aslan Is on the Move: Micah and Katie (Oxford, England)
17. End of the Road: J. D. Crowley (Cambodia, Laos)
NEVER MISS A DEAL!
Sign up for our mailing list to hear about new releases and special prices.