Together Through the Storms: Biblical Encouragements for Your Marriage When Life Hurts
Pre-order item. This book will ship when it is released by the publisher.
This devotional helps married couples to navigate the storms of life together. Working through the book of Job, Sarah Walton (author of "Hope when it Hurts") and her husband Jeff reflect on their own experiences in a marriage that has faced chronic illness, baggage from the past, a child with neurological challenges, and financial difficulties—and show how to cling to Christ and each other.
This is not a “how to” guide on having the best marriage, but, rather, a walk alongside you and your spouse, sharing the realities of suffering and the effects it can have on a marriage. It is an encouragement to lift your eyes above your trials, off your spouse, and onto our all-sufficient Savior.
Every marriage experiences storms. For Jeff and Sarah Walton, some of those storms felt more like full-blown hurricanes. How did they, and do they, survive? For Jeff and Sarah forgiveness, humility, and commitment are all important, but it is fundamentally about clinging to Jesus. If you want your marriage to remain strong, and even thrive, amidst the challenges life throws your way, you’ll find this book encouraging and uplifting.
- 1. Our Hope in Life and Marriage
- 2. When Trials Come
- 3. How to Cling to Hope in Loss
- 4. Holding All Things Loosely
- 5. Loving Your Spouse Through Chronic Illness
- 6. Learning to Lead (A Word for Husbands)
- 7. Learning to Follow (A Word for Wives)
- 8. Only God Can Change a Heart: When Your Spouse Fails You
- 9. When People Bring Judgment Instead of Comfort
- 10. Waiting Well When God Seems Silent
- 11. The Strange Gift of Lamenting
- 12. Walking the Valley of Despair Hand in Hand
- 13. When Your Pasts Threaten Your Present
- 14. Who Am I Now? Identity Crisis and Your Marriage
- 15. When You Feel Alone in the Storm
- 16. Suffering and Intimacy (Part One)
- 17. Suffering and Intimacy (Part Two)
- 18. Longing for Kids, Struggling With Kids: When Family Isn't What You Dreamed Of
- 19. Why Our Family?
- 20. Prayers for Prodigal Children
- 21. Rediscovering (or Keeping) the Joy
- 22. God's Answers to Our "Whys"
- 23. From Hearing to Seeing: The Fruit of Humility
- 24. The Glue that Keeps You Together: Forgiveness
- 25. The Best Is Yet to Come
Where Is Wisdom? A Treasure Hunt Through God's Wondrous World, Inspired by Job 28 Hardcover
Shaped by Suffering How Temporary Hardships Prepare Us for Our Eternal Home Paperback