Westminster Standards for Today: Recovering the Church and Worship for Everyday Christian Living
3 in stock
The Westminster Standards—the 1649 Confession of Faith, the Larger and Shorter Catechism—are presented here in a lightly modernized English, intended to allow the twenty-first century reader to grasp the meaning of the original without introducing any changes. In addition, the Apostles’ Creed, the Nicene Creed, Athanasian Creed and Definition of the Council of Chalcedon are included.
Essays to help the reader understand the importance of the Westminster Standards are also included:
- Extraordinary Providences of an Enduring Standard (Richard D Phillips).
- The Westminster Standards in the Making: Stanley Gower, a Westminster Divine (Kevin J Bidwell)
- The Westminster Standards and Public Worship (David E Gilbert)
- The Westminster Standards and the Christian Sabbath (George Swinnock, with an introduction by Kevin J Bidwell)
- The Westminster Standards and the Sacraments (Andy J Young)
- The Westminster Standards and Family Worship: Maintaining True Religion in the Home (Chad T Bailey)
- The Westminster Standards and Church Government (Guy Prentiss Waters)
As Joel Beeke says in his Preface to this book: The God-centered Christianity summarized in the Westminster Standards energizes the worship, holiness, and missions of Reformed Christians to this day. Therefore, it is a delight to see this volume come to print May God use the modernized English edition of the Westminster Standards to help new generations to embrace their heritage of Reformation truth derived from God’s holy word.
(In addition to this book, there is a paperback edition of the Westminster Standards and the creeds (without the essays) ISBN 9781783972340)
Enjoying God: Experience the Power and Love of God in Everyday Life [Paperback]
The Friend who Forgives: A true story about how Peter failed and Jesus forgave [Hardcover]
Devoted: Great Men and Their Godly Moms [Paperback]
Caring for One Another: 8 Ways to Cultivate Meaningful Relationships [Paperback]