⚠️ 0 in stock. Order now for delivery when our stock arrives (Typically 6-10 weeks)
If you are interested in covenant theology, this book is for you. It in no way pretends to be a fully worked-out Baptist covenant theology. It contains essays by thirteen different authors who do not necessarily advocate the fine details of every contribution, something that is quite common with multiple-author works.
This book is an effort to continue the discussion going on in our day concerning the important issue of covenant theology among Baptists and paedobaptists..
After the Preface and Introduction, the first main section is historical. It seeks to set a historical-theological context for the reader. The second section discusses various biblical issues related to covenant theology. The third section of the book, though the shortest, seeks to put things together, though certainly not in any comprehensive sense.
"Recovering a Covenantal Heritage is more than a book title; it is a welcomed clarion call for modern Reformed Baptists. May it receive a wide and thorough reading, and spark a renewal of distinct Reformed Baptist theology!" - Voddie Baucham, Pastor of Preaching at Grace Family Baptist Church; Author of 'Joseph and the Gospel of Many Colors'
Table of Contents
*Preface - Richard C. Barcellos, Ph.D.
*Introduction - James M. Renihan, Ph.D.
1. A Brief Overview of Seventeenth-Century Reformed Orthodox Federalism - Richard C. Barcellos, Ph.D.
2. Covenant Theology in the First and Second London Confessions of Faith - James M. Renihan, Ph.D.
3. By Farther Steps: A Seventeenth-Century Particular Baptist Covenant Theology - Pascal Denault, Th.M.
4. The Puritan Argument for the Immersion of Believers: How Seventeenth-Century Baptists Utilized the Regulative Principle of Worship - Stephen Weaver, Jr., Ph.D.
5. The Antipaedobaptism of John Tombes - Michael T. Renihan, Ph.D.
6. The Abrahamic Covenant in the Thought of John Tombes - Michael T. Renihan, Ph.D.
7. John Owen on the Mosaic Covenant - Thomas E. Hicks, Jr., Ph.D.
8. A 'Novel' Approach to Credobaptist and Paedobaptist Polemics - Jeffrey A. Massey
9. The Fatal Flaw of Infant Baptism: The Dichotomous Nature of the Abrahamic Covenant - Jeffrey D. Johnson, D.Min.
10. The Difference Between the Old and New Covenants: John Owen on Hebrews 8:6 - John Owen, D.D.
11. The Newness of the New Covenant (Part 1) - James R. White, Th.D.
12. The Newness of the New Covenant (Part 2) - James R. White, Th.D.
13. Acts 2:39 in its Context (Part 1): An Exegetical Summary of Acts 2:39 and Paedobaptism - Jamin Hnbner, Th.D.
14. Acts 2:39 in its Context (Part 2): Case Studies in Paedobaptist Interpretations of Acts 2:39 - Jamin Hnbner, Th.D.
15. An Exegetical Appraisal of Colossians 2:11-12 - Richard C. Barcellos, Ph.D.
16. Reformed Baptist Covenant Theology and Biblical Theology - Micah and Samuel Renihan