0 in stock. Order now for delivery when our stock arrives (Typically 4-6 weeks)
Please note our normal delivery times have been increased due to coronavirus disrupting international freight. Our freight team is working to ensure products still reach us but we do expect delays.
Herman Bavinck's four-volume Reformed Dogmatics is one of the most important theological works of the twentieth century. The recently completed English translation has received wide acclaim.
Now John Bolt, one of the world's leading experts on Bavinck and editor of Bavinck's four-volume set, has abridged the work in one volume, offering students, pastors, and lay readers an accessible summary of Bavinck's masterwork. This volume presents the core of Bavinck's thought and offers explanatory material, making available to a wider audience some of the finest Dutch Reformed theology ever written.
Page count: 864
Part I: Prolegomena: Introduction to Dogmatic Theology
1. Dogmatic Theology as a Science 2. The History and Literature of Dogmatic Theology 3. Foundations of Dogmatic Theology 4. Revelation 5. Holy Scripture 6. Faith
Part II: The Triune God and Creation
7. Knowing God 8. The Living, Acting God 9. The Triune God and His Counsel 10. Creator of Heaven and Earth
Part III: Humanity and Sin
11. The Image of God 12. The Fallen World 13. Sin and Its Consequences
Part IV: Christ the Redeemer
14. The Only-Begotten Son of the Father 15. The Servant Savior: Christ's Humiliation 16. The Exalted Lord Christ
Part V: The Holy Spirit and Salvation in Christ
17. The Order of Salvation 18. Calling and Regeneration 19. Faith and Conversion 20. Justification, Sanctification, and Perseverance
Part VI: The Spirit Creates a New Community
21. The Church as a Spiritual Reality 22. The Spirit's Means of Grace
Part VII: The Spirit Makes All Things New
23. The Intermediate State 24. The Return of Christ 25. The Consummation
NEVER MISS A DEAL!
Sign up for our mailing list to hear about new releases and special prices.