The Reformation had a radical effect on Scotland not just spiritually, but also politically and socially. Given its spiritual decadence in the lead up to this, it was in much need of reformation.
In this book, Renwick considers many aspects of the Reformation in Scotland including:
- The character and the experiences of the leader of the Scottish Reformation - John Knox
- The influence on the Scottish Parliament such as the importance of education for all as a result of the principles they had built
- The protagonists of the reformation
- The historical context of what was happening elsewhere at the time of the Reformation in Scotland
"I am delighted to see this classic study of the Scottish Reformation by Prof. Renwick come back into print... It is written with the two qualities Calvin desired for his own literary productions: clarity and brevity."?
- Douglas F. Kelly, Richard Jordan Professor of Theology, Reformed Theological Seminary, Charlotte, North Carolina