Heart of the Matter: Daily Reflections for Changing Hearts and Lives
1 in stock
Change that goes deeper than the surface of our lives happens as we daily remember the truths of the gospel. Every day we need to be reminded that Jesus, God's own Son, came to this world to save us from sin, sorrow, and death. We need to remember every day how Jesus' life, death, resurrection, ascension, and promised return change the way we view ourselves and others. This devotional will be a daily reminder of these life-changing truths.
The 366 selections, anchored in Scripture and saturated with the gospel, will help the reader to:
- Learn how God in his Word addresses a host of life situations
- Focus on how the gospel intersects with life
- Look beyond circumstances to God's purposes
- See how God values relationship and to learn to value it too by persisting, by speaking truth in love, and by not shying away from conflict
- Grow in wisdom when confronted by life's changes
- Learn that God works change that is effective and visible
Topics covered in the devotional include: love, hope, grace, redemption, faith, contentment, conflict, relationships, prayer, fear, patience, humility, and anger.
5 Things to Pray for Your Heart: Prayers that Change you to be More Like Jesus [Paperback]
Way of Wisdom, The: A Year of Daily Devotions in the Book of Proverbs [Hardcover]