Listen Up: A practical guide to listening to sermons
105 in stock
Why on earth does anyone need a guide on how to listen to sermons? Don't we simply need to 'be there' and stay awake? Yet Jesus said: "Consider carefully how you listen"?. The fact is, much more is involved in truly listening to Bible teaching than just sitting and staring at the preacher.
This practical guide aims to help us learn how to listen properly, so that through His word, God will make us more and more Christ-like.
Christopher Ash outlines seven ingredients for healthy listening. He then deals with how to respond to bad sermons - ones that are dull, or inadequate, or heretical. And finally, he challenges us with ideas for helping and encouraging our Bible teachers to give sermons that will really help us to grow as Christians.
- Where does the authority of a Bible teacher come from?
- Why is Bible teaching offensive?
- Why is it important to hear Bible teaching in church?
- How can we actually enjoy Bible teaching more?
"We give Listen Up to all our new members"?
- Mark Dever, Senior Pastor, Capitol Hill Baptist Church
How People Change Study Guide: How Christ Changes Us By His Grace [Paperback]