A Young Scholar’s Guide to Composers
0 in stock. Order now for delivery when our stock arrives (Typically 4-6 weeks)
Music impacts and is impacted by history and culture, events and beliefs. Composers create windows of understanding into the time, place, events, and norms which shaped their lives.
Music allows us an entirely unique vehicle of expression. You’ll consider what music really is—perhaps you’ll find through these lessons that you have a unique definition of what is or isn’t music. You may even find music to be funny!
Why take time to crack the code of classical music?
- Music is from the Lord. He created it, and He created us with the ability to both make and appreciate music.
- Classical music is uniquely part of our Western civilization.
- Research suggests that both listening to and playing classical music aid brain development.
- Even rudimentary exposure increases our level of enjoyment and understanding.
This course provides a close-up look at famous composers, their music, and their times, with special attention to character traits and Christian testimony (or lack thereof). Even the musically challenged will enjoy this course!
A Young Scholar’s Guide to Composers is perfect for grades 4-8 but is easily adaptable for younger and older students. Minimal teacher prep will return maximum enjoyment! Includes 32 weekly lessons, easy-to-use comparative timeline and maps, composer info-cards and game directions, note-taking pages, quizzes, answer keys, coloring pages, and more.
Hardback with download of Companion Guide included in book
A Young Scholar’s Guide to Composers includes:
- 32 weekly lessons
- 26 bios of famous composers
- 6 eras of music explained
- Easy-to-use timeline and maps
- Composer info cards & game directions
- Notebooking pages
Mystery of History Volume IV Reader & Companion Guide Download Hardcover plus digital download