Remaking a Broken World: The Heart of the Bible Story
20 in stock
Our world is fractured on every level—from the family to international relations. The news constantly reports broken relationships, strife-ridden communities and warring nations.
So what hope is there for a world of fractured relationships? Discover the Bible's surprising answer: the local church.
This revised and updated edition of Christopher Ash's Bible overview takes readers through the big sweep of Scripture, following the theme of scattering and gathering God's people. It shows how the local church is at the heart of the Bible story and at the centre of God's plan for remaking a broken world.
This book will refresh your love for the local church, and give you new hope for the hurting world around you.
- Introduction: Beginning with the God who is One
- Section A - A Broken World: Scattered Without God
- 1. Eden: Expelled to Wander
- 2. Babel: Scattered by Pride
- Section B - The Assembly of Israel: Gathering Foreshadowed
- 3. Sinai: Gathered Under the Word
- 4. Jerusalem: Gathered Under the King
- 5. Babylon: Back to Babel
- Section C - The Assembly of Jesus: Gathering Realised
- 6. Golgotha: Gathered to Jesus
- 7. Pentecost: Gathered by the Holy Spirit
- 8. Church: Gathered Worldwide
- Section D - The New Creation: Gathering Consummated
- 9. The New Creation: Gathered Forever
- Conclusion: The Glory of the God who is One
- Index of Biblical References
Sweeter by the Dozen: Making Jesus the Lord of Our Family Size [Paperback]
A Short Introduction to the Westminster Assembly and its Work [Paperback]