Be True to Yourself: Why it doesn't mean what you think it does (and how that can make you happy)
50+ in stock
Released Jan 1, 2020
Our culture tells us that the way to be happy is to "be true to yourself". It’s posted on social media, promoted in adverts, taught in schools and, even, expressed in churches. But what does that mean, and does it actually work?
Matt Fuller explores how true happiness, wholeness and freedom can be found in embracing who God has created us to be; allowing ourselves to be shaped by who the Bible says we are, rather than our own fluctuating feelings, or the voices around us. In the process, this book draws on a broad range of fascinating research and examples to give us a fresh biblical take on some of today's biggest hot-button issues.
By cutting through the confusion and showing us something better, this is a book to help every Christian live with confidence in today's culture.
- Part 1: Finding the real you
- 1. To Thine Own Self Be True
- 2. Finding ourselves in reflecting God
- 3. Finding ourselves in knowing others
- 4. Finding ourselves in seeing Christ
- Part 2: How to be true to the real you
- 5. Identity: Certainty > self-creation
- 6. Gender and sexuality: How should I define myself?
- 7. Sex: The hunger of self-gratification
- 8. Relationships: Deny yourself to find yourself
- 9. Community: There can be no losers in church
- 10. Online: True to selfie in a virtual world
- 11. I'm not the Messiah… (but I want to become like him)
Teen Pack 1: This Changes Everything & Transformed By Truth Hardcover and Paperback
9Marks Building Healthy Churches Set Hardcover Set
Heroes Pack (Reformation Heroes and Puritan Heroes) Hardcover Pack