Christ Has Set Us Free: Preaching and Teaching Galatians
5 in stock
Edited by D. A. Carson, Jeff Robinson Sr., Contributions by Sanders (Sandy) L. Willson, John Piper, Timothy Keller, Thabiti Anyabwile, Peter Adam, Sinclair B. Ferguson, Thomas R. Schreiner, Gerald Bray
How can a sinful human stand before a holy God?
The New Testament book of Galatians deals with this question—a question that stands at the heart of the gospel. In Christ Has Set Us Free, nine seasoned Bible teachers walk through the entirety of Galatians, offering insights on how to interpret and apply its important message about justification by faith. This book will help all who teach or study the Bible better understand what Christ has done to set us free from the power of sin through his death and resurrection.
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction to Galatians (Thomas R. Schreiner)
2. Galatians and Its Reformed Interpreters (Gerald L. Bray)
3. Galatians 1: No Other Gospel: The Formal and Material Principles of the Reformation (John Piper)
4. Galatians 2: The Sufficiency of Christ (Sandy Willson)
5. Galatians 3: Hear the Scriptures! Receive the Promise! Believe in Christ! (Peter Adam)
6. Galatians 4: The Gospel of Grace: How to Read the Bible (D. A. Carson)
7. Galatians 5: Gospel Freedom, Gospel Fruit (Thabiti Anyabwile)
8. Galatians 6: Boasting in Nothing except the Cross (Timothy J. Keller)
9. Galatians: Solvent for the Stubborn Stains of Antinomianism and Legalism? (Sinclair B. Ferguson)