Christian Guides Classics: Macbeth
1 in stock
This guide opens up the last of Shakespeare's magnificent tragedies, Macbeth, and explores the themes of temptation, sin and guilt, as well as the keys to virtuous behaviour.
We've all heard about the classics and assume they're great. Some of us have even read them on our own. However, for those of us who remain a bit intimidated or simply want to get more out of our reading, Crossway's Christian Guides to the Classics are here to help. In these short guidebooks, popular professor, author and literary expert Leland Ryken takes you through some of the greatest literature in history while answering your questions along the way.
- Includes an introduction to the author and work
- Explains the cultural context
- Incorporates published criticism
- Contains discussion questions at the end of each unit of the text
- Defines key literary terms
- Lists resources for further study
- Evaluates the classic text from a Christian worldview
Gospel Comes with a House Key, The: Practicing Radically Ordinary Hospitality in Our Post-Christian World [Hardcover]
Popes and Feminists: How the Reformation Frees Women from Feminism [Paperback]