Moral Choices Video Lectures: An Introduction to Ethics
1 in stock
With its unique union of theory and application, Moral Choices Video Lectures and its accompanying textbook set the standard for college-level study of ethics.
Moral Choices Video Lectures features 16 lessons (on 2 DVDs) and is designed to help students develop a sound and current basis for making ethical decisions in today's complex postmodern culture. The lectures outline the distinctive elements of Christian ethics while avoiding undue dogmatism. They also introduce other ethical systems and their key historical proponents, including Plato, Aristotle, Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, and Immanuel Kant.
After describing a seven-step procedure for tackling ethical dilemmas, ethicist and professor Scott Rae uses case studies to address some of today's most pressing social issues. He guides students in thinking critically and biblically about abortion, reproductive technologies, genetic technologies and human cloning, euthanasia, capital punishment, sexual ethics, war, and economics. All new sessions on violence and gun control; race, gender, and diversity; and immigration, refugees, and border control helps students wrestle with today's most difficult ethical issues.
Designed with the learner in mind, each lecture is approximately 20 minutes. Moral Choices Video Lectures is useful for formal students and laypeople alike, providing an accessible introduction to Christian ethics and equipping them to form a basis for practical, ethical decision-making in contemporary culture.
Sessions and Runtimes:
- Introduction: Why Morality Matters (25 min)
- How to Think About Morality (28 min)
- Christian Ethics (30 min)
- Making Ethical Decisions (26 min)
- Ethics at the Beginning of Life - I (30 min)
- Ethics at the Beginning of Life - II (32 min)
- Biotechnology, Genetics, and Human Cloning (29 min)
- Ethical Issues at the End of Life (28 min)
- Capital Punishment (28 min)
- War, Violence, and Morality (23 min)
- Sexual Ethics (28 min)
- Creation Care and Environmental Ethics (27 min)
- Ethics and Economics (31 min)
- Violence and Gun Control (26 min)
- Race, Gender, and Diversity (30 min)
- Immigration, Refugees, and Border Control (24 min)
Gospel Comes with a House Key, The: Practicing Radically Ordinary Hospitality in Our Post-Christian World [Hardcover]
Plugged In: Connecting your faith with what you watch, read, and play [Paperback]