The Care of Souls: Cultivating a Pastor’s Heart
3 in stock
Pastors care for a soul in the way a doctor cares for a body. In a time when many churches have lost sight of the real purpose of the church, The Care of Souls invites a new generation of pastors to form the godly habits and practical wisdom needed to minister to the hearts and souls of those committed to their care.
Harold Senkbeil helps remind pastors of the essential calling of the ministry: preaching and living out the Word of God while orienting others in the same direction. And he offers practical and fruitful advice—born out of his five decades as a pastor—that will benefit both new pastors and those with years in the pulpit.
Drawing on a lifetime of pastoral experience, The Care of Souls is a beautifully written treasury of proven wisdom which pastors will find themselves turning to again and again.
- Foreword by Michael Horton
- The Pastoral Craft: One Farm Boy’s Story
- What Is a Pastor? The Classical Model
- The Word of God: Ministry’s Source and Norm
- The Cure of Souls: Attentive Diagnosis
- The Cure of Souls: Intentional Treatment
- Sheep-Dogging and Shepherding: The Noble Task
- Guilt and Shame
- Holiness and the Cure of Souls
- Drawing Near to God: Proximity and Holiness
- Invisible Powers: Spiritual Warfare
- Christ’s “Other Sheep”: Mission and the Care of Souls
- The Shepherding of Shepherds
- Always Be Steady: Equilibrium in Ministry
- Joy in Office
Down Not Out: Depression, Anxiety, and the Difference Jesus Makes Paperback
The Book Your Pastor Wishes You Would Read (but is too embarrassed to ask) Paperback