Repeat the Sounding Joy: A daily Advent devotional on Luke 1 – 2
319 in stock
In this Advent journey through Luke 1 – 2, Christopher Ash brings these familiar passages to life with fresh insight, colour and depth.
As you soak up the Scriptures, you'll experience the joy of Christmas through the eyes of those who witnessed it first hand, from Mary and Elizabeth to the Shepherds and Simeon. This devotional will help you to celebrate afresh the arrival of the long-awaited Messiah in history, and learn what it means to wait for him with joyful expectation today.
Each day's reading includes a short reflection, a prayer, a carol, and space to journal, helping you to treasure the Lord Jesus in your heart in the hectic run-up to Christmas.
- 24 readings from Luke 1 – 2:
- 1. A reassuring certainty (1:1-4)
- 2. Poignant hope (1:5-7)
- 3. Coming home (1:8-17)
- 4. Resting on a word (1:18-25)
- 5. Good government at last (1:26-33)
- 6. Conceived of a virgin (1:34)
- 7. A powerful overshadowing (1:35)
- 8. A wonderful faith (1:34-38)
- 9. Jumping for joy (1:39-45)
- 10. The humble lifted high (1:46-55)
- 11. Rescue from terrible enemies (1:56-75)
- 12. An ancient promise remembered (1:72-73)
- 13. Light has dawned (1:76-80)
- 14. The shadow of the cross (2:1-7)
- 15. Victory in weakness (2:8-12)
- 16. Glory and peace (2:13-18)
- 17. Treasuring and pondering (2:18-20)
- 18. Jesus! (2:21)
- 19. Waiting with hope (2:22-25)
- 20. Good news for the world (2:26-32)
- 21. A sword for the soul (2:33-35)
- 22. Active waiting (2:36-37)
- 23. Waiting together (2:38)
- 24. The silent years (2:39-40, 51-52)
Christopher Ash has put together a wonderful resource for Advent. Engaging explorations of Luke’s account of the birth of Jesus, a prayer to pray, a hymn to sing (if you dare) and room to record your own observations. We tried them around the dinner table and they worked. Recommended.